Backup and Archive
From Science IT
To back up desktop and laptop computers that are not in a shared lab environment. To provide users the ability to restore files from backups themselves. To meet legal and policy requirements for data retention. To provide a backup mechanism for servers (virtual and physical).
Atempo backup system
The primary backup system for staff in the Faculty of Science and post graduate students who have a dedicated machine assigned to them.
- Atempo backup FAQs
- Atempo backup system for Mac
- Atempo backup system for Windows
- Installing TimeNavigator on Linux servers
- Installing TimeNavigator on the VMware ESX Server
- Issues around Atempo Backup
- Laptop Acceptable Use Policy
- LiveBackup and Time Navigator
Used by under-graduate students and other people who store files in AFS.
Retrospect backup system